[SciPy-Dev] migration of all scipy.org mailing lists
Ralf Gommers
2017-03-22 09:23:15 UTC
Hi all,

The server for the scipy.org mailing list is in very bad shape, so we (led
by Didrik Pinte) are planning to complete the migration of active mailing
lists to the python.org infrastructure and to decommission the lists than
seem dormant/obsolete.

The scipy-user mailing list was already moved to python.org a month or two
ago, and that migration went smoothly.

These are the lists we plan to migrate:

astropy
ipython-dev
ipython-user
numpy-discussion
numpy-svn
scipy-dev
scipy-organizers
scipy-svn

And these we plan to retire:

Announce
APUG
Ipython-tickets
Mailman
numpy-refactor
numpy-refactor-git
numpy-tickets
Pyxg
scipy-tickets
NiPy-devel

There will be a short period (<24 hours) where messages to the list may be
refused, with an informative message as to why. The mailing list address
will change from ***@scipy.org to ***@python.org

This will happen asap, likely within a day or two. So two requests:
1. If you see any issue with this plan, please reply and keep Didrik and
myself on Cc (we are not subscribed to all lists).
2. If you see this message on a numpy/scipy list, but not on another list
(could be due to a moderation queue) then please forward this message again
to that other list.

Thanks,
Ralf
Ralf Gommers